Client: St. Swithin’s Church of Lincoln
Public Sector: Charity and Leisure
Project Value: £1.5m
Contract: JCT Design and Build
Role: Project Management and Quantity Surveying
Design and refurbishment of an existing 2 storey dilapidated shell and core building to create a new community hub and early leaning space for the St. Swithin’s Church of Lincoln.
The challenge was to manage an inexperienced Client through the construction process to ensure that the project was delivered to their strict delivery timescales of Easter Sunday 2020, and construction budget managed within their Charity funds available of £1.5m.
Providing Added Value
- On-boarding the project team including fees and contracts
- Management of the design process, ensuring it embeds the Client’s values
- Implementation of a procurement and tender strategy to suit the delivery timescales
- Internal accounting and cost tracking
- Managing Planning and Conservation Officer requirements
Working alongside an early appointed contractor via a 2 stage procurement route we were able to mitigate risks, manage costs to within budget, commence early enabling works which helped with the early commencement on-site to meet the tight timescales of Easter Sunday 2020.